Residency & Golden Visa Program of Malta
Overview of Malta
Malta is a small archipelago that is filled with friendly locals, medieval castles, fossil-studded cliffs, glorious beaches, warm oceans, and a history of fascinating intensity. Malta is a beautiful archipelago filled with friendly people, fantastic weather, a plethora of beaches, and fascinating history and culture. Malta comprises an archipelago of seven islands, of which the three largest are inhabited. Malta is located 93 km south of Sicily – Italy, and 288 km north of North Africa, giving the country a warm, Mediterranean climate. The nation’s capital is the 16th-century city of Valletta.
Residency & Golden Visa Program of Malta
Which Family Members Can Be Added in the Same Malta Golden Visa Application?
- Spouse or de facto partner
- Dependent children under the age of 18
- Unmarried dependent children between the ages of 18 and 26
- Dependent parents and grandparents
Residency & Golden Visa Benefits of Malta
- Visa-free access to all Schengen countries, 90 days out of 180 days period
- A residency card as well as a certificate that is valid for a lifetime
- An abundance of business opportunities
- Investors and their dependents up to 4 generations can live, work, and study in Malta for an infinite time
- Affordable real estate market
- Possibility of naturalization as Maltese citizens after 5 years of residency
Malta Residency by Investment
To apply for the Malta Permanent Residence Program the investor is required to meet the following requirements:
1- Cover administration fees for the application processing in a total of €40,000, out of which an initial fee of €10,000 is to be settled within a month of the application submission. The remaining €30,000 is to be settled within 2 months following the issuance of a Letter of Approval in Principle.
2- Donate to a Voluntary Organization the amount of €2,000
3- Invest in one of the following property options:
A) Rent a property for a minimum of €12,000 per annum in Malta (or €10,000 if the property is located in the South of Malta or Gozo).
B) Purchase a property for a minimum of €350,000 in Malta (or €300,000 if the property is located in the South of Malta or Gozo).
4- Contribute a certain amount to the Government of Malta, depending on the property investment type selected:
A) If you choose to rent a property, a direct contribution of €58,000 is required.
B) If you choose to purchase a property, a direct contribution of €28,000 is required.
The direct contribution has to be settled within 8 months following the issuance of a Letter of Approval in Principle and can be paid in tranches.
Golden Visa Cost of Malta
How to Qualify for the Malta Golden Visa?
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older
- Investors must be a third-country national – not an EU/EFTA citizen
- Applicants must have no criminal record
- Investors must have a certification of good health from a reputable health care system
- Applicants must have capital assets of not less than €500,000 out of which a minimum of €150,000 must be financial assets
- Investors must be in possession of adequate health insurance
Citizenship and Passport of Malta
Reach us to learn all about Malta Program, Application Details and Visa-Free Countries
FAQ’s About Residency & Golden Visa Programs of Malta
Do applicants have to use a licensed agent?
Who can the main applicant include as dependents?
The main applicant can include: a) spouse
b) children under the age of 18
c) parents or grandparents who are principally dependent
d) Children with disabilities
When is the contribution payable by the main applicant?
The total contribution amount is due once the application is approved in principle, and must be paid within 8 months from the date of Letter of Approval in Principle.
Is the main applicant required to hold property in Malta after the first 5 years?
Can an applicant ever apply for the acquisition of Maltese citizenship by naturalization?
Book a Detailed Session for Your Specific Case & Learn the Best Solutions for € 100 Only (1 Hour)
Get a Free Consultation with Our Expert Advisors Today!
Latest News & Updates
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Other Golden Visa Programs
Portugal Golden Visa
Portugal residency program is one of the most sought-after due to the ability to apply for citizenship after 5 years without the need to reside in the country.
Cyprus Golden Visa
Spain Golden Visa
Spain residency program is known for its flexibility to applicants who wish to maintain their residency permit in Europe without living or visiting the country.
Greece Golden Visa
Greece Residency program is known for offering the lowest cost residency among the European residency by investment programs.